Joe Wicks Wean in 15 cheesy pea quinoa risotto
Risottos are awesome for adding in any veg you fancy. This recipe tastes yummy with the cheese. I think you and your baby will enjoy it!
MAKES 1 ADULT AND 1 BABY PORTION
7 - 9 MONTHS+
- 1 tbsp unsalted butter or olive oil
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 100g quinoa
- 600ml hot stock
- 130g frozen peas, defrosted
- 80g cheddar, grated
- Squeeze of lemon and a handful of chopped herbs, to finish - optional
- Melt the butter or heat the oil in a medium saucepan over a medium heat.
- Add the onion and garlic and gently fry until soft and translucent.
- Add the quinoa, stirring to coat it in the mixture.
- Add in the hot stock, a ladle at a time, waiting for each ladleful to evaporate before adding in the next.
- When you have roughly one ladle of stock left, add in the peas and cheese along with the remaining ladle of stock.
- Stir until creamy and the cheese has melted into the stock.
- Remove from the heat and add the optional lemon juice and herbs now if you like.
Keeps for 2-3 days covered in the fridge.
Did you know Joe Wick’s favourite collection is Treetops. Check out why he loves our Treetops bedding so much.